Ar. Neelam Manjunath
Ar. Neelam Manjunath is an architect, planner, scientist, activist and theoretician, with two graduate degrees, in Science from REI Degree College, Dayalbagh, Agra and in Architecture, from Govt. College of Architecture, Lucknow in 1987. Her education, however, is much wider and includes training in several skills related to sustainable architecture, Media Architecture and Charrettee Training from Graduate School of Design, Harvard University, as well as a PG Diploma in Theology from Dayalbagh University, Agra.
She is a practicing architect since 1991, currently based in Bangalore. Her architecture is distinguished for the use of low energy materials and technologies with special emphasis on Bamboo.
Awards and Accomplishments:
- She has won the prestigious Sir M Vishwesvaraya Prize (2005) for innovative use of bamboo.
- The IIA-Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheswara Award (2005) for Excellence in Rural Architecture, for design of a residential school at Gandsi, Hassan Dist. Karnataka.
- 2nd Runner-up in the Architectural Competition held for "Providing Architectural design concept for Police Bhawan to be constructed for KSRP at koromangala, Bangalore, in view of KSRP Golden Jubilee Year".
- The WAC- World Architecture Community awards in 2013,
- Lafarge Invention awards(2011)
- Nomination for Aga Khan award for Architecture 2013 for her office project “Bamboo Symphony”.
- Her project “House of Five Elements” was shortlisted for World Architecture News Awards, 2013.
- Archi Design Award for Best Design in Sustainable Projects, 2013 for “Bamboo Symphony”
- Her work has been published widely in over 10 languages in over 19-20 countries and she has presented her works in several national and international forums and conferences.
- Founder and Managing Trustee - Centre for Green Building Materials and Technology, Bangalore. CGBMT is actively involved in R&D of innovative building materials and technologies and organises Eco-literacy workshops and training programs frequently. CGBMT is running BAT, “Bamboo Application Technology” courses from academic session 2011-12 from its Bangalore centre in distance education mode with Dayalbagh University, Agra for graduates, supervisors and artisans.
- Member, Technical Committee, World Bamboo Congress, 2015
- Co-Convener and Co-Chair of Technical Committee, International Bamboo Conclave,2014
Her passion for sustainable architecture and the use of bamboo as a sustainable material reflects in all her works of architecture.
www.manasaramarchitecs.com | firstname.lastname@example.org.
Centre for Green Building Materials and Technology,
www.cgbmt.net | email@example.com Ph : 91-080-22792658, 09945466204